2 benefits of RTI over ICAI
1. Cost wise
ICAI’s Regulations: Under ICAI’s regulation you can get the certified copy of the exams. ICAI charges you Rs. 500 per paper.
Supreme Court of India ruled out that a student can inspect his answer sheet under RTI Act and any by-laws or rules/regulation of Education Board/Examination Board can’t prevent him from doing so.
Lucky YOU: The fees for RTI application is Rs 10/- and Rs 2 per page as Xerox charges.
Utilize your Rights Friends. Mere 10 Rupees won’t hurt.
If you’re applying to ICAI then your certified copies will be sent within 75 days of receipt of application.
Benefit of RTI: As per RTI Act, the Public Information Officer (mandatory for each government organization) has to give the information sought for, within 30 days of receipt of application.
45 days before ICAI’s result. Great!!!
You can also Contact RTI Helpline on 9924085000
You can make an application under RTI Act to the Education Body in prescribed form. Please refer the Sample Application Form.
Procedure of APPLICATION TO RTI:
5 simple steps of application:
1. You have to make an application in writing or through electronic means to the PIO (Public Information Officer) / APIO (Assistant Public Information Officer) of the PA (public authority) concerned(i.e refer your application to PIO, ICAI,) in English / Hindi to get your Certified Copy of the exams.
2. You can deliver it personally in the office of the PIO – i.e you can submit your application to ICAI, HEAD OFFICE OR BOARD OF STUDIES, ICAI, NOIDA.
3. Your application should specify particulars of the information sought with the fee- Rs. 10/-
4. If you’re unable to make a request in writing, the PIO will render all reasonable assistance to you orally to reduce the same in writing.
5. You don’t have to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except that are required for Contacting [Section. 6(2)]
6. Fees of Application is Rupee 10/- Cash/DD/Banker’s Cheque Accounts Officer of Public Authority
Sample Application Form:
<Your address, including PIN code>
To , The Public Information Officer (PIO),
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI), ICAI Bhawan,
P. B. No. 7100, Indraprastha New Delhi – 110002
Sub: APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION under RTI Act 2005
I, (Your Name),s/o of (Your Dad’s Name), r/o (Your Address with PIN code) had appeared in the CA final examinations in May2013 held by ICAI.
My Registration Number is NRO_______; my Roll No for the above said exams was ______
A) Kindly provide me with the certified copy pertaining to the following subjects of the above said examination, under the purview of RTI ACT 2005.
3____________ (and so on)
B) Kindly provide me with the “Guide/Instruction sheet/manual given to Evaluators to aid/facilitate markings of questions or otherwise” by ICAI of the following subjects of the above said examination, under the purview of RTI ACT 2005.
3____________ (and so on)
I have attached the Indian Postal Order of Rs. 200 (IPO No: ______ Amt: 250/- Issued at: ________ Date: XX/07/2014), with Rs. 10 towards RTI application fees and Rs. 190 towards the Xerox/photocopying charges [Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005 i.e.
- Rupees two (Rs. 2/-) for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
- Actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
- Actual cost or price for samples or models;
- For information provided in diskette or floppy, rupees fifty (Rs. 50/-) per diskette or floppy; and
- For information provided in printed form, at the price fixed for such publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.
Photocopy of ADMIT CARD and “PRINT OUT of mark sheet “are attached for your ready reference. Please permit me and my above son/daughter/ward to inspect his/her answer sheet/s as well as other relevant records and also provide me certified photocopies of his/her answer sheet/s pertaining to following subjects:
A]________________ B] ________________ C] _______________
- Name of the applicant: _________________
- Roll Number in the examination: __________
- Full Address of applicant: _______________
- Mobile No.__________________________
Please find the application fee (IPO of Rs 10/- No: _______Date: January ,2014 ) for the request attached with this application.
If you feel that the above requested information does not pertain to your department, please follow the provisions of Section 6(3) of the RTI Act 2005.
Also as per the provisions of RTI Act 2005,please provide the details (Name and Designation) of the first appellate authority with respect to your department with the reply to the above request, where I may file my first appeal.
I certify I am an INDIAN CITIZEN. Kindly, provide me with the information at the address id mentioned with the application VIA SPEED POST/REGISTERED POST.
I request you to ensure that the information is provided before the expiry of 30 day period after you have received the application.
I am emphatically drawing your kind attention to: A] 49 page judgement of 2 judge bench of Hon’ble High Court of Calcutta in M.A.T. No. 275 of 2008 in University of Calcutta & ors. Vs. Pritam Rooj which is available at http://www.judis.nic.in/Kolkata/Judge_Result_Disp.asp. B] judgement dated 30-08-2010 of Hon’ble Kerala High Court in WP(C).No. 6532 of 2006(C) C] Madras High Court judgement dated 13-09-2010 in R. Ramasamy v/s Dr. Ambedkar Law University in W.P.(MD)NO.4815 of 2008 D] Judgment dated 09-08-2011 of Hon’ble Supreme Court in CIVIL APPEAL NO.6454 OF 2011 and other 7 writs. E] CIC decision No. CIC/SM/A/2011/000368/SG/13751Penalty dated 05-10-2011.
Please do not destroy the requested record till finality of RTI process upto Information Commission and thereafter by way of writs, even if time stipulated under Public Records Act or record retention policy is over.
I am emphatically drawing your kind attention to:
- A] 49 page judgement of 2 judge bench of Hon’ble High Court of Calcutta in M.A.T. No. 275 of 2008 in University of Calcutta & ors. Vs. Pritam Rooj which is available at http://www.judis.nic.in/Kolkata/Judge_Result_Disp.asp.
- B] judgement dated 30-08-2010 of Hon’ble Kerala High Court in WP(C).No. 6532 of 2006(C)
- C] Madras High Court judgement dated 13-09-2010 in R. Ramasamy v/s Dr. Ambedkar Law University in W.P.(MD)NO.4815 of 2008
- D] Judgment dated 09-08-2011 of Hon’ble Supreme Court in CIVIL APPEAL NO.6454 OF 2011 and other 7 writs.
- E] CIC decision No. CIC/SM/A/2011/000368/SG/13751Penalty dated 05-10-2011.
By Pooja Sharma